× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline extender wont connect to new devices

mlnorthi
Aspirant

Powerline extender wont connect to new devices

I placed a power line extender in an out building with good results connecting to my smart phone. Now I am trying to connect a security camera and a laptop with no luck. I have not changed the ssid or password but get the error message " incorrect network key". Smart phone still connects with same password. Any body have a solution? I moved the adapter back to the same room as the main plug and did a factory reset with the same result. Phone connects but nothing else will.

Message 1 of 3

Re: Powerline extender wont connect to new devices

@mlnorthi wrote:

I placed a power line extender in an out building with good results connecting to my smart phone.

Which one?

Phone connects but nothing else will.

Your subject says "Powerline extender wont connect to new devices". It helps to think of it the other way round. New devices won't connect to the Powerline extender. The extender just produces wifi. It is up to the clients to play ball and complete the connection.

Have you told these devices to forget previous attempts to connect to this SSID? (Check your devices for instructions on how to do that.) Then try to connect from scratch.

Can these devices connect to the router that feeds the plug?

Have you tried using WPS to connect to the plugs? If you aren't familiar with WPS look it up in the manuals.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Use WPS to Connect to Your Network.

Message 2 of 3
mlnorthi
Aspirant

Re: Powerline extender wont connect to new devices

Thanks but I kept playing with it and found my problem. Operator error.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7