× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline won't work when the router is plugged into it and a signal booster

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Powerline won't work when the router is plugged into it and a signal booster

I bought a powerline today to get stable connection to my computer for class calls. It works fine when it is the only thing connected to the router but the second I plug in something else (my netgear signal booster) it says connected without internet. Troubleshooter says ("Network Bridge" doesn't have a valid IP configuration) when run on the network bridge and finds no problem with ethernet.

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Powerline won't work when the router is plugged into it and a signal booster

@Retired_Member wrote:

I bought a powerline today to get stable connection to my computer for class calls.

What are you asking the Powerline plugs to do? It is effectively just an Ethernet connection that uses your mains circuit instead of its own cable.

@Retired_Member wrote:

It works fine when it is the only thing connected to the router but the second I plug in something else (my netgear signal booster) it says connected without internet.

What is this "netgear signal booster"? A wireless extender? Something else?

What says "connected without internet"? Windows? A browser? Something else?

This bit isn't clear either:

@Retired_Member wrote:

Troubleshooter says ("Network Bridge" doesn't have a valid IP configuration) when run on the network bridge and finds no problem with ethernet.

Windows network troubleshooter?

Network Bridge? What's that?

What do you see here?

Networkstatus.jpg

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7