× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline

cfoll
Aspirant

Powerline

Just a word of advice to never purchase one of these nighmare products. Every couple days it fails to connect me with the moden and gives " 'Ethernet' doesn't have a valid IP configuration" and I need to factory reset the powerlines and pair them up again within inches of one another. Fortunately, I discovered this bandaid solution after being insulted by a "Guru" who typed like a salty ex-girlfriend. His only piece of advice was to make sure the powerline is plugged in... suffice it to say I'll never purchase another Netgear product and I wish I knew what this "Guru" looked like so I could physically avoid him if need be. I would expect this from a device I paid $20 for but $120? Come on, it's just pathetic.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Powerline

powerline devices are sensitve to interference. This could be old wiring, gfci outlets, arc fault circuit breakers, surge protectors, bad electronics, high draw appliances/devices, and even things like cell phone chargers can add interference. For some houses, they work great. others have nothing but issues. And it gets worse if you have more than 1 device adding interference because then it makes it really hard to pinpoint which one is causing it. Really asinine things can do it like I had a microwave that would add interfernce and cause my internet to drop out whenever it was ran (stupid microwave). 

I'd like to say its unique to netgeat but it isn't. All powerline devices function like this. 

Sorry that someone was a d**bag about it but hopefully you find something that works for your situation.

potentially we can help here if you give us more info on what your attempting to do. maybe there's something like a moca (ethernet over coax) or something else that might help. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7