× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerling ethernet bridge losing internet access

kokoro250
Novice

Powerling ethernet bridge losing internet access

I own a pair of powerline ultra adapters and the first time I plug them in, they work fine. However, if I want to move my laptop and unplug the wire or the adapters at all, my computer loses internet connection and can no longer register any connection. When I plug the adapters back in, the network connects but it continues to say "no internet connection." By troubleshooting with the windows 7 "troubleshoot problems" options I am somtimes able to fix it. At which point the adapters will work fine until the next time I unplug them. When windows 7 fixes the problem, it says that the problems found and fixed is "the default gateway is not available"

Is there anyways to fix this problem without having to run windows 7 troubleshooting over and over until it fixes itself? It is extremely tedious and frustrating because I often have to move my laptop to take it to class.
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Powerling ethernet bridge losing internet access

However, if I want to move my laptop and unplug the wire or the adapters at all, my computer loses internet connection and can no longer register any connection. When I plug the adapters back in, the network connects but it continues to say "no internet connection."

IN RED... what make you think it will work if you unplug things?

IN BLUE... if pair of powerline can work in the same room but not are remote (final destination) then pair of device is NOT communicating unless netgear utility shows the devices is connected each other.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7