× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with Powerline 1200 not with WXN5001

ctclone3211
Tutor

Problem with Powerline 1200 not with WXN5001

Upgrading my Powerline system with a new version 1200 but could not get them to recognize each other.  Tried several times with even switching places and yet would not setup.

Failing to do this, I went back to my previous system of a XWN5001 + AV500 in the same location outlets as were the PLP 1200 and the prior system, immediately was recognized and was working as indicated by the Netgear Powerline Utility.

I now need to expand the Powerline system and since it is my understanding that these PLP 1200 will not play nicely with the current used 500 service, or should they.

My questions is should the PLP 1200 work with the 500 service or do I look for some additional XWN5001?

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with Powerline 1200 not with WXN5001

@ctclone3211 wrote:

I now need to expand the Powerline system and since it is my understanding that these PLP 1200 will not play nicely with the current used 500 service, or should they.

My questions is should the PLP 1200 work with the 500 service or do I look for some additional XWN5001?

The two different plugs should work fine together. They do here.

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "500" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

One other thing to consider, in theory you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to get set them up.

When adding new plugs to an existing network, you need to follow this advice:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@ctclone3211 wrote:

The two different plugs should work fine together. They do here.

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "500" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

One other thing to consider, in theory you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to get set them up.

When adding new plugs to an existing network, you need to follow this advice:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

Message 2 of 3
ctclone3211
Tutor

Thank you for the reply and the detail answer to my issue.  Great, and again thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7