× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with plp2000 and laser cutter

Jzxchaser
Follower

Problem with plp2000 and laser cutter

Hi,

I have had the netgear plp2000 working flawlessly in my shed, modem is inside the house. But today after i recieved my new laser cutter i noticed that every time i turn it on the powerline instantly drops the connection and again instantly reconnects when i turn the laser off. This is a second laser and the first one can run no problems and its on the same circuit as the powerline, the second laser is on a different power circuit in the shed. Any ideas on how to fix this or is the new laser (witch is much bigger but drops the internet when i just power it up, not even with laser running) causing so much interference on the line back to the house that its causing it drop? Thanks in advance for any help

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Problem with plp2000 and laser cutter

I'd be willing to bet its putting to much interference in the lines from what you're described. Powerlines are sensitive to interference, arc fault circuits, gfci circuits, even some cell phone charges can put enough interference in the line ot cause slow downs or drops. If it immediately drops when you turn it on and then comes right back when you turn it off, its likely the culprit. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with plp2000 and laser cutter

I'd be willing to bet that @plemans has hit the nail on the head.

Things like laser cutters are great at creating interference. It might not even be on the mains circuit, just RF.

It might be worth looking for something that isolates the laser's power supply. 

I'd ask the laser maker for ideas on how to deal with this.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7