× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset of password for Powerline 500

Tristen
Aspirant

Reset of password for Powerline 500

I'm having a hardtime going online to reset my password, for my Powerline 500 WiFi Access Point. I purchased the access point a couple of years ago, and I want to see if it will work with a tv that is slow using the internet, before I purchase another wifi access point. Where do you go to reset since I forgot my password? All I've been finding is use the modem password, but this does not work. 

Model: XWNB5201|Powerline 500 WiFi Access Point
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Reset of password for Powerline 500

push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on?

should get you back to the defaults. 

Message 2 of 4
Tristen
Aspirant

Thank you, for the information, it worked.
Message 3 of 4

@Tristen wrote:

I purchased the access point a couple of years ago, and I want to see if it will work with a tv that is slow using the internet....

If this TV has Ethernet capability, then the best way to connect it to the network is probably to wire the TV into the Powerline plug. I find that this is more reliable than wifi and a whole lot easier to set up, mostly because the setup process on many smart devices is poorly designed.

This biggest advantage of a wired connection is that no passwords is needed. Just connect TV to guest plug and connect host plug to router. Bingo.

For instruction on things like resetting the plugs, visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

If you have more queries about Powerline kit, you might get more help in the appropriate section for your hardware

Powerline Networking - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7