× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Security key not working for my Powerline Model XWN5001

Loucombe
Aspirant

Security key not working for my Powerline Model XWN5001

I recently unplugged my power line WIFI   Model XWN5001 access point and adapter and when I plugged them back in and tried to access the the WIFI I keep getting the message that the security key that I entered when prompted is not valid.  I am using the security key that is on the back of the Access Point unit that plugs into the wall outlet.  This security key worked when I set up the unit.

Do I need to go thru a complete set up again?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Lou

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Loucombe
Aspirant

Re: Security key not working for my Powerline Model XWN5001

Thanks you all for your help.  I reset the plug in units to the original factory setting as recommended by the community.  Following the reset the Security Code worked fine.  Problem solved with your help.

Lou

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

There isn't a wifi password on the back of the XWN5001.  There are two MAC addresses (wired and wireless), serial number, Powerline pwd (this is not the Wifi password) and the Security Pin (WPS) Number.

You can set the Wifi SSID and password through Netgear's Genie app, see page 29 of the user guide:

XWN5001 User Guide

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 5

Remember, if you do have to reset a plug to default settings, you may have to do it to both plugs.

At least, that is how I interpret Netgear's confusing description of the process.

Message 3 of 5
Loucombe
Aspirant

Thanks for the input.  Found out that I needed to reset the units to the factory settings.  Once this was done the securith key worked fine.

Message 4 of 5
Loucombe
Aspirant

Thanks you all for your help.  I reset the plug in units to the original factory setting as recommended by the community.  Following the reset the Security Code worked fine.  Problem solved with your help.

Lou

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7