× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Standalone Powerline wireless router

talvi
Aspirant

Standalone Powerline wireless router

I bought the powerline 1200 kit that comes with a pair of adapters. I'd also like to buy a wireless router for my basement that has built in powerline adapter. Does such a thing exist? I have seen the pairs of adapter and wifi access points but I dont need that. Just a single router that I can plug into a wall socket in my basement where. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
clithes
Prodigy

Re: Standalone Powerline wireless router

Netgear only sell powerline adapters in pairs.  The PLW1000 kit would possibly suit your needs.  Its not a router but would provide both a wired connection and wifi in your basement

You may be able to pick up just the Wifi adapter unit (the PLW1000 unit) second hand on eBay or similar

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

Netgear only sell powerline adapters in pairs.  The PLW1000 kit would possibly suit your needs.  Its not a router but would provide both a wired connection and wifi in your basement

You may be able to pick up just the Wifi adapter unit (the PLW1000 unit) second hand on eBay or similar

Message 2 of 3
talvi
Aspirant

Thank you. I have bid on one on Ebay. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements