× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Strange Timezone issue with Netgear PLW1000v2 on firmware 1.0.0.18

EricLevinson
Aspirant

Strange Timezone issue with Netgear PLW1000v2 on firmware 1.0.0.18

I noticed today that the time on the device was an hour earlier than it is supposed to be.

My timezone is Pacific / Los Angeles (normally -8 GMT) but during daylight savings time it is -7 GMT (PDT)

I choose the option for GMT -8 Pacific Time in the NTP setup and the check box for "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time" is checked. Technically this should be all that is needed and the device should compensate every 6 months for addition or removal of the daylight savings time hour.

If I reboot the device - the time is wrong - it is one hour earlier than it should be.

If I change from the NETGEAR Preferred timeserver to the preferred timeserver (time-b.netgear.com) and click apply - the time is magically set correctly.

Anyone have any ideas if there's a bug in the timezone / dst system or is there something I am doing wrong?  My expectation is that I don't have to fix this every 6 months when we change to/from PST to PDT.  

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7