× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switching between devices

A13geoff
Aspirant

Switching between devices

I bought and set up my Powerline 1000 at the weekend without a problem and connected to my son's PS4.  I have an Android box adjacent to the TV and PS4 which goes through the wi-fi. I have been trying to unsuccessfully connect the Android box to the ethernet cable in the evening by swapping the lead from the PS4.  Having problems doing so, but can anyone tell me if this is possible or am I just wasting my time? If I need to buy an additional plug do I have to buy another pair of PLP1000s or is there an alternative?

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 3

Re: Switching between devices

@A13geoff wrote:

I have been trying to unsuccessfully connect the Android box to the ethernet cable in the evening by swapping the lead from the PS4. 

Have you rebooted the "client" after you plug it in?

The plug really just acts like a bit of wire (LAN cable) back to the router. That has to handle the IP addressing of devices that connect to it.

You could also turn off the remote plug before you connect the Android box. It remembers its settings.

Then again, have you confirmed that the Android box, whatever that is, plays nicely over the Powerline network?

@A13geoff wrote:

If I need to buy an additional plug do I have to buy another pair of PLP1000s or is there an alternative?

Sadly, Netgear, and other plug makers, seem to sell only pairs of plugs.

Message 2 of 3
A13geoff
Aspirant

Re: Switching between devices

Thanks for replying, I tried various reboots none of which worked.

I know the Android box is seeing that it is connected to the ethernet as a logo appears on the main screen. I also have previously connected the device via the ethernet round a relatives house, so the device does work with this method.

Just a bit lost really, and did not fancy forking out for another pair of plugs.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7