× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UK power Adptors for ORBI RBK23/AC2200 - for UK

KiamaraKid
Aspirant

UK power Adptors for ORBI RBK23/AC2200 - for UK

I purchase an ORBI unit with 2 satellite stations in the USA and now want to run them in the UK. I cannot get any information on where to purchase UK Power Adaptors from, Netgear sales and support deny all knowledge of them. Does anyone know the part number, where to buy and what size the low voltage plug is?

Message 1 of 12

@KiamaraKid wrote:

Netgear sales and support deny all knowledge of them.

Netgear does not sell replacement power adapters. Any generic adapter will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps (12V/1.5A) and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions.

Maybe you have something suitable lying around.

Message 2 of 12

I have just noticed that you posted your message in the section of this community given over to Powerline Networking. This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.

Your device is an Orbi WiFi System.

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 12
KiamaraKid
Aspirant

Message 4 of 12
KiamaraKid
Aspirant

The website will not accept my submission,grrh what is it that Netgear do not want to sell me power supplies for my ORBI system.What is it about Netgear? What do they do if there is a warrantee replacement. Can they handle it?

Message 5 of 12

@KiamaraKid wrote:

....what is it that Netgear do not want to sell me power supplies for my ORBI system.

Two obvious reasons:

• Netgear can't make any money out of selling power supplies or any other spares that people ask for from time to time.
  • You can buy perfectly adequate replacements, probably from the same factorIes that made the official kit, at a fraction of the price that Netgear would demand.

Car companies don't sell tyres or batteries either.

Message 6 of 12
KiamaraKid
Aspirant

I don't care where I buy them. I need Netgear to tell me the exact specification.  It is not sufficient to say 12v, 1.5A I need to know the exact size of the connector!

Message 7 of 12

The tip size has come up here recently. I will dig it out tomorrow.

Searches in the usual places also have that information. But it really is something that Netgear should make more obvious.

@KiamaraKid wrote:

I don't care where I buy them.

That is not what you said before.

Message 8 of 12
KiamaraKid
Aspirant

I have never said I want to buy them from Netgear, I would certainly have considered Netgear, which is clearly not an option, I just want Netgear to tell me the exact spec.

Message 9 of 12

@KiamaraKid wrote:

I have never said I want to buy them from Netgear, I would certainly have considered Netgear, which is clearly not an option, I just want Netgear to tell me the exact spec.

I suggest that you go back and reread your first message.

You wanted part number, not the specifications. Er, part number = Netgear supplied.

Then there is the bit:

Netgear do not want to sell me power supplies for my ORBI system

But to save you all the effort of going out to eBay or Amazon, here is one that I baked earlier:

Netgear tip size.png

I have various "multi-tip" adaptors. They all come with one that suits Netgear devices.

Message 10 of 12
KiamaraKid
Aspirant

Do you treat all customers with such arrogance? I wanted the part number so I could look up the dimensions, not order from Netgear. The 'first' message you have seen is the first to this topic on this community website. I have also been corresponding on another Netgear community web site. In addition I have talked to support people in the USA and in the UK all to no avail. Ths has been going on for nearly 3 weeks. So finally I get an answer.

Message 11 of 12

@KiamaraKid wrote:

Do you treat all customers with such arrogance?

Customers? You have no idea who I work for.

This community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

Do you treat all support people like dolts? You didn't even bother to find the right place to post your message. Powerline devices do not have power adapters.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7