× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Warranty - authorized reseller incorrectly claimed

Tom32257
Initiate

Warranty - authorized reseller incorrectly claimed

I was denied warranty service because Netgear claims that I did not purchase my Netgear product from an authorized seller. The picture is an image of all the products that were on the same order as the Netgear. Note the portion of the receipt for the purchase of my Netgear product. Please note the seller cited being Amazon. [The image show only the products purchased, it does not show the entire receipt]

Amazon.com is an authorized seller of Netgear products. Netgear has told me twice that I did not purchase from an authorized seller and why warranty service was denied.

Netgear went on to say that I purchased my Powerline from BCS, which is incorrect. BCS was the seller for only the first product on the list and not the Netgear product!

I've written multiple times and my case ends up to the same person apparently not bothering to read my entire email or see look at the attached image! The rep simply echoes his previous claim of an unauthorized reseller.

Now, emails are going unanswered!

Is there another route I can go to bypass this person to get warranty service?
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Warranty - authorized reseller incorrectly claimed

Hi @Tom32257

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please PM me the support case number and device serial number. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Tom32257
Initiate

Still Not Completely Resolved!

I replied via private message to the above and the error of the validity of the warranty was corrected. But, it ended there. This did not resolve the need for the warranty that I wanted help - to return a failed PL12OO for repair or replacement.

An open case created on the 9th of November to regenerate an RMA has seen no further action from Netgear. A
1. I replied to the open case and there was never a response.
2. I privately messaged the person in this thread for help and had no response. 
3. I emailed customer support with the case number in the subject line on the 22nd and no reply to date!

This is extremely aggravating. Am I expected to pay for a service contract to get warranty service? If so, given the experience I've had thus far, what assurances do I have that service would be any better?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7