× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What product do I need to add another Ethernet port to pl1200

schreibdave
Aspirant

What product do I need to add another Ethernet port to pl1200

I own this PL1200 pwerline adapter. I want to add another ethernet port in another room. What product do I need to but to be able to do that?  Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S6DBGJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Model: PL1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: What product do I need to add another Ethernet port to pl1200

You can add powerline extenders to the network. Just keep in mind, the network will run at the lowest extenders speeds. 

https://kb.netgear.com/22165/Adding-a-powerline-adapter-to-an-existing-powerline-network

You can add ones from other companies as well so long as they follow the spec your currently powerline device uses. 

Message 2 of 7

@plemans wrote:

You can add ones from other companies as well so long as they follow the spec your currently powerline device uses. 

The advantage of doing that is that Netgear does not sell single plugs, only two-plug bundles.  If you want just one plug, you may have more luck with a different brand.

Message 3 of 7
schreibdave
Aspirant

Could you link me to the specific product I could use from another manufacturer? Understanding the specs on these things is beyond my pay grade.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 7

@schreibdave wrote:

Could you link me to the specific product I could use from another manufacturer?

Not really. That involves promoting the competition which isn't a good idea on a community like this. It might even be against the rules.

Just roam around the Amazon site and look for those that offer a single plug. Anything recent should be compatible.

You could even use Amazon "ask a question".

Message 5 of 7
schreibdave
Aspirant

What's the name of the thing I am loking for?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7

@schreibdave wrote:

What's the name of the thing I am loking for?

Thanks

Try "powerline adapter", as in your first message.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7