× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Where to login to change Wireless Extender Password? Netgear XWN5001

ConsultMcClain
Follower

Where to login to change Wireless Extender Password? Netgear XWN5001

Hi,

We have this netgear extender with the default username and password. We'd like to change it but cannot seem to find the backend to change it. We've tried www.mywifiext.net, www.netgearextender.net and neither are working.

We went to the Netgear Genie, found the wifi connection and clicked on properties to type in the IP address into the browser, no such luck,.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks!

Model: XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
clithes
Prodigy

You nearly had it.

Find the IP address from the attached devices of your router, then use an internet browser to access the GUI using that IP address.  If you connect to the wi-fi channel from the adapter (not your router) then www.mywifiext.net should work as well.

Mine is at 192.168.0.244 (yours will be different).   Once i've typed this in the brower address I get the GUI.  You will be asked for a username and password, which are admin and password unless you have already changed them:

XWN5001.JPG

From here you can change the adapter's settings

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3
clithes
Prodigy

Or you can go back to the Netgear Genie, select Network Map and then click on the powerline symbol in the top-right (this often takes a minute or two to appear)

Capture_powerline_symbol.JPG

Then right click your XWN5001 adapter and select 'Configuration'

xwn5001_right_click.jpg

This will take you to the GUI as well

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7