× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wi-fi addition for powerline network

ReadMC
Follower

Wi-fi addition for powerline network

I have a network with a XAV5221 powerline connected to my router and and through the mains household supply to a corresponding device connected to the mains which provides a hard wired data channel to a solar panel control unit on the roof of my house. I've just bought a Tesla car and so I would like to set up a Wi-fi hotspot in my garage at the end of the garden with power line device fitted to a mains power socket in the garage. Which Wi-fi powerline unit should I choose?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Wi-fi addition for powerline network

@ReadMC wrote:

I've just bought a Tesla car and so I would like to set up a Wi-fi hotspot in my garage at the end of the garden with power line device fitted to a mains power socket in the garage. Which Wi-fi powerline unit should I choose?

I can think of a couple of options.

Buy a new powerline bundle that includes a wireless access point in the remote plug.

Something like this:

Powerline 1000 + WiFi - PLW1000 | NETGEAR

PLW1000

Or  get a standalone wireless extender and connect it to your existing remote plug. That could get you something a bit more capable than an integrated device.

This for example

EAX20

has the ability to Use the extender in access point mode.

It depends on what you want to do in the garagwe.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7