× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Extender Operation

wamarlowe
Aspirant

Wifi Extender Operation

I've just set up the extender (connected to router via ethernet cable) and added three hotspots across my apartment. I notice that the ethernet light only glows on the externder and not on any of the hotspots and in one room  (the most distant from the router) I have no or poor connectivity. Am not sure of the proper way to set up the 'network" - should the ethernet lights be on on each of the hotspots?

Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi Extender Operation

Hi @wamarlowe,

Welcome to the community!

Please indicate the exact model number/s of the devices involved in your setup for us to provide the correct recommendation.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
wamarlowe
Aspirant

Dexter,

I have a powerline 1200-100uks* plugged into my router with the additional unit plugged into a wall socket. I have two powerline 1000-100uks* devices plugged into  other wall sockets. As mentioned the only device on which the ethernet light glows is the 1200 attached to my router. I don't understand the set-up procedure - as far as I could determine all I had to do was to attach the extender to the router and plugged the other devices into wall sockets around my apartment

I look forward to your advice

thanks

Walter Marlowe

wamarlowe@aol.com

Message 3 of 5

@wamarlowe wrote:

I have a powerline 1200-100uks

Is that the PLP1200? Or the PL1200?

As mentioned the only device on which the ethernet light glows is the 1200 attached to my router. 

The Ethernet LEDs on the "remote" plugs will not show until you plug something into them.

There is a manual for the PL1200 somewhere at the end of this ink:

>>>> PL1200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 5 in the Quick Start guide.

Remember, when adding extra plugs to an existing network, you need to follow this:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi wamarlowe,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information michaelkenward provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7