× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XAV101v2 upgrade firmware error

fmicc
Aspirant

XAV101v2 upgrade firmware error

Today I updated the firmware of my Netgear XAV101v2 with Firmware Upgrade Utility v2.1.7.
The update was completed successfully but on reboot both XAV101v2 remain off. No light, only if I press the button Security Power On/Off, power light comes on.
The Configuration Utility software now not recognize the devices, any suggestions?

Thank you
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: XAV101v2 upgrade firmware error

did you do factory default using reset buttons?
Message 2 of 7
fmicc
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
did you do factory default using reset buttons?

Yes, from 2 seconds to over 1 minute, but it is always the same, no light.
If I connect the ethernet cable to the PC or to a switch, the corresponding LED will light, but does not light anything on XAV101v2 😞
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you may want to contact support suing web portal at my.netgear.com
Message 4 of 7
tkc9789
Novice

I encountered the same issue after attempting the upgrade. Could you share how you get yours to work?
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

tkc9789 wrote:
I encountered the same issue after attempting the upgrade. Could you share how you get yours to work?

OP did not had solution.

contact support at my.netgear.com
Message 6 of 7
dchan7
Novice

Hi I have the exact same problem after upgrading the XAV101V2...one work and the other one have no lights and can not reset either. Any clue..contacted NETGEAR and hope they will replace it...they should have taken out this FW upgrade completely...it's buggy...:(
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7