× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XAV1201 and new Versions

lakesidepark
Follower

XAV1201 and new Versions

Hello everybody, I like to ask a little doubt.

I have in my home one pair of Netgear XAV1201 they are working great, but I need add more two points of internet repeater/ access point, but in my country still hard to find some powerline itens manufactred by Netgear.

Usually I found more easier TP Link and Dlink itens. Recently I found in one story the Netgear Powerline Av500 and Tp-link Tl-wpa4220, and D-Link Dhp-W220av. I'd like to ask what brand I can use with my old XAV1201.

Thanks

Model: XAV1201|Powerline 100 Mini
Message 1 of 2

Re: XAV1201 and new Versions

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "500" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

When you do add plugs to an existing network, you should follow these instructions:

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

One other thing to consider, in theory you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to get set them up.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7