× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XAV5001 Raspberry PI Raspian

netcora
Tutor

XAV5001 Raspberry PI Raspian

Hello I have a Raspberry PI I want to connect with my XAV5001. And when I try to connect it gives me an IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx range when I give ifconifg command and is supposed to give me an IP in range of 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. Now I hve so many devices and all work fine with the XAV5001 all acquire IP´s on range of 192.xxx.xxx.xxx and run perfects but the Raspberry PI with Raspbian OS shows the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx and is not connecting at all.

Anyone know what could be the problem of why I´m acquiring the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx range and not internet connection?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi @netcora,

Welcome to Community!

Does your Raspberry Pi works on a different wireless network? If you have an option to set an IP address manually on your Raspberry PI, then you can try to use same range as with the main router that provides DHCP.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
netcora
Tutor

Look the raspberry PI wireless is not connected because is an openvpn access point. The Ethernet IP is the problem. I configured also on interfaces configuration of Raspbian like dhcp and nothing. And on my router I tried via macid force to have an IP and nothing still giving an IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx. Suppose there is no wireless connections and what I want is to have internet via de powerline and the Ethernet only.

Thank you. What could be the problem?

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

@netcora,

Does it work when it is connected directly to your router? This is just to isolate the problem.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
netcora
Tutor

In fact I use like that for now connected to the router. If the raspberry is connected directly to the router works perfect. I have a lot of XAV5001 then a failure of XAV5001 also is no considered because same XAV5001 in other devices works.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

@netcora,

Can you check with Raspberry Pi if it will work with powerlines since other devices are working fine with the powerline adapters.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7