× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XAV5201 drops connection and light faded and limited support options

Wired2thebrink
Follower

XAV5201 drops connection and light faded and limited support options

So first of all i work for a mailorder computer company and have done for 20 years and have every type of powerline networking device you can imagine in my warehouse.

so this isnt a case of not understanding why you shoudlnt put a powerline on extentions or problems with my electrics.

quite simply every now and then and room temperture is normal i drop connection on my wired nextwork. My wireless is up and running but my powerline network just drops off.

Sometimes yes its the fibre connection but most times its one of the xav5201 just dropping of the network. when they do the middle light fades, its doesnt got out or amber it fades. true it could be glow from the other 2 lights but its looks on.

so i tired for new firmware and there is none.

so i went to uk support that took me to netgear.com and aksed me if i was from the states and a few other places and didnt listed Uk or europe.

So why is it on the UK site i can select any part of europe and any language but the USA site i'm forced to use only gives me USA or other limited options?

Further these furoms page signups only give english(US) as an option for english, yet give various other language options.

Further the only firmware update for these is a North american one .

There has never been any updates available for the rest of the world.

guess i'm buying a TPlink and advising all my customers to do the same in future as there is no europena or Uk support anymore ?

Model: XAV5201|Powerline 500 Nano
Message 1 of 2

Re: XAV5201 drops connection and light faded and limited support options

The support pages for these devices is here:

XAV5201 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

If it lists no firmware for where you are, it doesn't exist.

Just check some other devices and you will see that their support pages offer firmware for different regions.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7