Stef_Z
Aspirant

XAV5201 powerline adaptor and AC1200 wifi range extender - password prompt

Hello,

We have been using the XAV5201 powerline adaptor for some time with no issues but since the adition of the AC1200 wifi range extender the XAV5201 keeps asking for its password and when entered it does not connect - just a spinning wheel and then reprompt for password.

When setting up the AC1200 I used the NETGEAR Instillation Assistant and set passwords for the AC1200 (_2GEXT & _5GEXT) and can only think that during this setup somehow the XAV5201 was effected. This is strange though as the device was not listed during the setup and I certainly didn't adjust the password for the XAV5201.

The only way the user can currently connect to the internet using the XAV5201 is via an ethernet cable directly connected to the XAV5201 ethernet port - no passowrd prompt occurs. This is not ideal however as they have limited inputs/outputs on the computer (mac book pro 2018) and would prefer to use the wifi connection.

Any suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stef_Z

Model: XAV5201|Powerline 500 Nano
Message 1 of 3
Stef_Z
Aspirant

Re: XAV5201 powerline adaptor and AC1200 wifi range extender - password prompt

...could it be the Mac Book Pro's Network Preferences need adjusting?

Its strange that this has only started since the adition of the AC1200.

Stef_Z

Message 2 of 3

Re: XAV5201 powerline adaptor and AC1200 wifi range extender - password prompt

@Stef_Z wrote:

Hello,

We have been using the XAV5201 powerline adaptor for some time with no issues but since the adition of the AC1200 wifi range extender the XAV5201 keeps asking for its password

Which password are we talking about here? The plug or the extender?

The XAV5201 is a dumb device, not much more than a bit of wire that does not need a password for any connection.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements