× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XAVN2001 - Changing Network Name

j_r
Follower
Follower

XAVN2001 - Changing Network Name

XAVN2001 works well, fairly easy to set up.

I cannot figure out how to change the wireless network name (SSID?) from NETGEAR. The Macintosh software does not seem to have any way to make the change. The router IP address sends me back to the primary router not the access point.

Any suggestions to change the network name is appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
chasliss
Aspirant

Re: XAVN2001 - Changing Network Name

I downloaded the utility from netgear or you can use the cd that came with it. That's how I changed my SSID and passphrase.
Message 2 of 5
rdlviper
Aspirant

j_r wrote:
XAVN2001 works well, fairly easy to set up.

I cannot figure out how to change the wireless network name (SSID?) from NETGEAR. The Macintosh software does not seem to have any way to make the change. The router IP address sends me back to the primary router not the access point.

Any suggestions to change the network name is appreciated.

I am having the same problem. The MAC software for XAVN2001 does not seem to allow any changes to the wireless network name or password for the network... meaning I am left with an open network? 😞

Please let us know how to change this on a Mac.
Message 3 of 5
CRpwrline
Tutor

try bootcamp or parallels and run the Windows software...it works for SSID and passphrase...maybe get a PC friend to come by with a laptop...

not funny, of course, the software should work. Any consolation, there have been some problems on the PC side as well...
Message 4 of 5
geelia
Aspirant

Re: XAVN2001 - Changing Network Name on a Mac

Log in to you router and look at the list of DHCP devices. Enter each of the IP addresses one by one until you stumble on the XAVN2001 configuration page. From there, you can assign a static IP so that it will always be the same. Hope this helps.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7