× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XAVN2001 ipad connection

Maharg
Aspirant

XAVN2001 ipad connection

I have an XAVN2001 wireless extender that works fine with a Dell laptop computer but I cannot connect an ipad. Any suggestions ?
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: XAVN2001 ipad connection

try static IP on iPad and see
Message 2 of 8
Maharg
Aspirant

I tried:-
1. selecting the static IP in the ipad.
2. entering IP, subnet and DNS information for the XAVN2001 unit in the ipad settings and combinations thereof
3. changing the Channel setting from Auto to 3, 7 then 10
...all with no result, the ipad would still not connect.

The ipad does connect to my wireless router so there isnt anything fundamentally wrong with it.

Other suggestions welcome

PS: I am a computer user but not competent in the technicalities, basically a plug and play or forget it capability.
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you need outside of DHCP pool of MAIN router

ex. 192.168.1.2~1921.168.1.50

192.168.1.51/255.255.255.0
192.168.1.1 gateway

dns 192.168.0.1 or use google dns
Message 4 of 8
Maharg
Aspirant

I have tried multiple combinations of IP, DNS etc and can get a tick next to the network name for the XAVN2001 plus the four 'ray' lines indicating a connection. However whenever I try to access the internet through an App or Safari I am told it 'cannot upload content', 'no network conenction', 'not conencted to interenet' or words to that effect.

The latest settings I have tried are:-
IP Address = the one for the iPad gleaned from my router connection
subnet Mask = the one for the iPad gleaned from my router connection
Router - 8.8.8.8 = from google dns
DNS - 8.8.8.8 = from google dns
Search Domains - google.com = my guess as something seemed to be required in this field for the 'ray' lines to appear and the little connection segmented circle to stop

Getting close to a solution but I still havent got something right - any ideas ?
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

What is the ip of iPad
Message 6 of 8
igooner86
Aspirant

im getting the same issue as the poster of this thread.... however my wifi ranger extender is WN2000 RPT ... my ipad recognizes the connection and none of the net services work on it , and its odd cuz everything works fine when im carrying my laptop around the house, but it just doesnt seem to establish the same response with the ipad... please please help.
Message 7 of 8
Maharg
Aspirant

I switched off the WEP security on the XAVN and the iPad conencted OK.
I then changed the Security on the XAVN to WPA2 and after entering the nes passcode ont eh iPad it connected OK. I tested by streaming the TV channel 4OD (a UK station) and it was fine.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7