× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XAVT5421 : How do you think network speed can be up to 500Mbps with a physical 100Mbps port ??

xavierq
Follower

XAVT5421 : How do you think network speed can be up to 500Mbps with a physical 100Mbps port ??

Hi,

Is it a joke ? How do you think you can work on a 500Mbps network with those adaptators ???????

All adaptators gets a 100Mbps physical port !!! It is not written on the box neither in the quick setup manual.

You can just realize it when you plug the cable or going on the website.

It is a commercial lie, there's no other words.

Except if you do something, I will no longer buy Netgear stuff.

I'm really upset.

Model: XAVB5421|Powerline 500 + Extra Outle | 1-Port
Message 1 of 2

Re: XAVT5421 : How do you think network speed can be up to 500Mbps with a physical 100Mbps port ??

I assume you mean XAVB5421

@xavierq wrote:

Except if you do something, I will no longer buy Netgear stuff.

Speeds are complicated. You might like to read the manuals to see what Netgear actually says before you jump to conclusions.

XAV500 is plug to plug, the speed over the network, not what you get out of each plug. If you have two plugs working at 100 Mbps, you need the internal plug-to-plug speed to be faster than 100 Mbps.

Before you bring Netgear to its knees by taking your custom elsewhere, you might like to investigate the issue of industry standards. AV500 is one of those. You will find many manufacturers of "AV500" kit.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7