× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XWN5001 loses internet but stays connected

grin_phi
Aspirant

XWN5001 loses internet but stays connected

I have an XWN5001 acting as a powerline reciever in the front room of my house. 

For ages, devices that were connected to it's wifi signal would lose connectivity intermittantly. No problem, I thought, I'll just disable the wifi part and install a wired (to it) Nighthawk EX7000 in access point mode and get the best signal ever. 

Well, I've done that, but devices connected to the wifi from the extender, which is wired to the powerline adapter, still lose connection frequently. Things like my hall lights go unresponsive. 

Funny thing is, everything says its still connected.

Turning the powerline off and on again nearly always fixes the issue.

Can't for the life of me figure out what the cause is. 

Any ideas? 

Everything is on the latest firmware at the time of writing. 

Model: XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: XWN5001 loses internet but stays connected

Makes me wonder if it isn't the powerline adapter backhaul causing the problem. Powerline has been known to drop connection when there is interference in the wiring or other wiring issues within a house. have you tried switching circuits with the powerline adapter to see if thats specific circuit? Might be the whole house,  might be a specific circuit, or might even be a specific device creating interference when it runs. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7