× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

att wireless internet

tomcat270
Aspirant

att wireless internet

ATT wireless Internet using AV 500 to extend signal 170' to outside building on the power line want work . Any sugestions

Message 1 of 4

Re: att wireless internet

Any sugestions

Not really. Your cryptic message doesn't explain what you are trying to do.

Message 2 of 4
tomcat270
Aspirant

I am Trying to run  wireless internet to a desttop computer using the netgear V 500 On the wired line going to my shop it work with a DSL line. Not working with the new wireless .

Message 3 of 4

@tomcat270 wrote:

I am Trying to run  wireless internet to a desttop computer using the netgear V 500

What is that? I can find no V 500 in Netgear's list of model numbers. Do you mean AV500 Powerline plugs? If so, what model numbers? (AV500 is an industry standard that Netgear uses for various devices.)

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Let's break it down. You have DSL Internet in one building and you want to get it somewhere else. Is that right?

You have put this question in the section about Powerline Ethernet. Does that mean that the two buildings are on the same mains circuit? Their electricity comes off just one fuse box? And you want to use Powerline Ethernet to join the two buildings?

Not working with the new wireless .

Where does this new wifi come from? A Netgear router of some sort? What is at the receving end in the way of wifi equipment.

If these buildings are 170 feet apart, you probably won't have much luck with wifi or Powerline Ethernet. That's a long run.

Then again, I still have no idea what you are trying to do. That's why I am asking these stupid questions.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7