× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear 1000 wi fi probs

Marlo12
Follower

netgear 1000 wi fi probs

Hi I am with virgin media recently purchased this adapter, in order to get internet service to my garage. 

Garage wiring I think is on same circuit as when lights to go in garage it's fault it fuses the rest of house. But it has a separate mains breaker switch in garage ..but also it is connected to main fuse box if that makes any sense

plugged adapters in paired them, put one with aerial socket under breaker switch ..it connects saying no internet signal full signal, then I change socket in garage , great it worked. Now today I unplugged it , then put plug back in ..plug in light goes off stays off, full wi fi signal but in brackets says no internet connection .! Reset to factory settings works in house not in garage..tried different sockets, phoned virgin they are clueless any ideas people. Cannot understand why it can be working fine one day then not the next

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: netgear 1000 wi fi probs

If it works in the house but not in the garage, then I suspect that your mains wiring is arranged in ways that block the powerline.

Netgear advises against using extension blocks. I find that they work fine, but I would avoid anything that  "cleans up" the power, surge protectors for example.

Netgear says that Powerline may also have a hard time  going through a second fuse box. This is not my experience. Performance is reduced, but it works.

Garage wiring I think is on same circuit as when lights to go in garage it's fault it fuses the rest of house.

Not sure that I understand what you are saying there, but my inclination would be to ask an electrician to look at the wiring.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7