× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

powerline AV 200 adapter no longer working after firmware upgrade

kngharv
Follower

powerline AV 200 adapter no longer working after firmware upgrade

Dear all:

My powerline AV+ 200 (XAV1501) was working fine, other than performance (20+ Mbps).  So, I decided to upgrade the firmware using official tools.

The upgrade process itself was fine.  It even gave me a successful upgrade notification.

but ONE of my XAV1501 unit is almost completely dead after the upgrade.

All three lights (power LED, powerline LED, ethernet LED) are completely off. when i press and hold "security/power" button (on the side of unit), the power LED light shows green.  but as soon as I release the "security/power" button, the power LED light went off again.

factory reset doesn't change the situation.

strangely, my other XAV1501 unit HAS power LED shows green.  But when i run the Netgear official configuration utility, the utility couldn't detect this unit neither.

it is obvioiusly an failed upgrade.  am I the only person encounter this kind of problem?

Message 1 of 2
JamesGL
Master

Re: powerline AV 200 adapter no longer working after firmware upgrade

Hi kngharv,

Connect the powerline adapter to a different power socket. Make sure it is not connected to any surge protector. If still the same, check the warranty of your device. Usually it has 1 year hardware warranty from the date of purchase. You may contact support for replacement.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7