× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

powerline plw1000v2 conflict with wifi network

MCPanjr
Initiate

powerline plw1000v2 conflict with wifi network

I installed Powerline plw1000v2 several months ago and it worked perfectly as a network range extender. Recently I had to change the security setting on my Verizon router (and reconnect all my wireless devices) and now the PLW seems to be conflicting with my Verizon wifi network in that I cannot connect to that network when the Powerline adapter is plugged in. I tried going back to factory reset to no avail. I cannot find any troubleshooting guide to resolve this. Any one have a suggestion?

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
MCPanjr
Initiate

Re: powerline plw1000v2 conflict with wifi network

The network names are different but I did finally resolve my problem myself. I returned everything to the out of box condition and went through the install process again. That worked and I no longer have the conflict.

I have to say that the user manual is not very clear on even the install process - at least to me. But anyway, after a few hours of fumbling around I did get things working again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi MCPanjr,

What is the network name of the PLW? Is it the same as the Verizon router?

Message 2 of 4
MCPanjr
Initiate

The network names are different but I did finally resolve my problem myself. I returned everything to the out of box condition and went through the install process again. That worked and I no longer have the conflict.

I have to say that the user manual is not very clear on even the install process - at least to me. But anyway, after a few hours of fumbling around I did get things working again.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi MCPanjr,

I am glad to know it is working now. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation