× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

security key for XWN5001

padmefan
Aspirant

security key for XWN5001

Hi,

I recently changed the security key for my XWN5001 and I was just wondering if any caracter was accepted (not just letters or numbers), like, @, -, _, ?, %... ??

Thanks for your help !

Model: XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
padmefan
Aspirant

Re: security key for XWN5001

Hi !

yes I realised it wasn't this the problem ; it's just that the smartphones won't switch from one wifi transmitter to another so I end up with a weak signal when I change floors in my house (router on top floor and powerline on bottom floor).

Anyway, I bought new powerline units (another brand this time however) because I also had another problem with the Netgear ones : they seemed to "weak" to work with my new set top box : the picture made pixels and froze and I lost the signal altogether ; the new units work perfectly (they're also more powerful and more modern lol) and I don't have any roaming troubles with my smartphones now 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi padmefan,

It should accept special characters for WiFi password.

Message 2 of 3
padmefan
Aspirant

Hi !

yes I realised it wasn't this the problem ; it's just that the smartphones won't switch from one wifi transmitter to another so I end up with a weak signal when I change floors in my house (router on top floor and powerline on bottom floor).

Anyway, I bought new powerline units (another brand this time however) because I also had another problem with the Netgear ones : they seemed to "weak" to work with my new set top box : the picture made pixels and froze and I lost the signal altogether ; the new units work perfectly (they're also more powerful and more modern lol) and I don't have any roaming troubles with my smartphones now 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7