× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi coverage on farm

leemid
Follower

wifi coverage on farm

I am looking to add wifi to at least part of my farm. I know I can hard wire ethernet to my barn from my house but I need to get internet to the far corner of my 6 acres, some 500 feet away. I would prefer wifi our in the corner. Do the A/C line plug extenders go that far? I know CAT5/6 does not.

More detail: I know how to get wifi in the barn along with wired connection. I want to get wifi coverage in another smaller building up to 500 feet away. I have elecdtrical power to the outlying building connected to the barn so I was hoping the powerline plug extenders would give me the ability to extend to the far building.

Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: wifi coverage on farm

Hi leemid,

The distance is too far for a powerline network. The connection will suffer because of the distance.

https://kb.netgear.com/20233/Product-FAQ-Powerline-Adapters

Message 2 of 3

Re: wifi coverage on farm

Is isn't clear to me what you want to do.

You won't get Powerline to stretch 500 feet, but you may be talking about spanning the gap between the barn and the other building. Or is that the 500 feet span?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7