Antworten

Powerline problem with connecting to DSL port

netfleece
Follower

Powerline problem with connecting to DSL port

Hello,

I am trying to connect the powerline adapter directly to the DSL port of our house (first room). In the second room I am trying to connect the wireless LAN router to the other powerline adapter (through the DSL port of the router as well).

The connection between the powerline adapters is successfully built, but the wireless LAN router cannot get an internet connection.

Besides, on both powerline adapters the "network LED" is off (the third LED). That seems as if the powerline adapter are not connected with ethernet cables.

Is it a problem, to connect the powerline adapter directly to the DSL port of the house? If yes, how can I make this configuration possible? Do I need another network component or special powerline adapters?

The wireless LAN router cannot be replaced in the first room, where the DSL port is.

Please see the atthached image.

Thank you.

Model: XAV5001|500Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter|EOL
Nachricht 1 von 2
IoannisDM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Powerline problem with connecting to DSL port

Hallo @netfleece,

herzlich willkommen in der Community! 🙂

Könnten Sie bitte Ihren Beitrag auf Deutsch verfassen, damit alle Nutzer der Deutschen Community gegebenfalles einen Vorteil von diesem Thread ziehen können oder wenn es Ihnen lieber ist auf Englsich Ihren Beitrag zu teilen, wäre es am besten wenn Sie an die Englische Community wenden würden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ioannis

NETGEAR Team

Nachricht 2 von 2
Diskussionsstatistiken
  • 1 Antwort
  • 770 Aufrufe
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 in Unterhaltung