× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

AMX SVSi N2300 w/ M4300

nmarques
Guide

AMX SVSi N2300 w/ M4300

Hello,

I have a single-switch deployment I am currently comissioning with a Netgear M4300 and AMX N2300 encoders and decoders. 

I am experiencing occasional stream freezes on individual decoders across the network and it happens regardless of the source stream. It'll be fine for a minute or two or up to 5 minutes, and then the frame will freeze for a few seconds and return to normal. 

Can someone review my Tech Support file and let me know what I am missing? 

The AMX encoders and decoders are on VLAN 5, which is essentially the whole switch. 

The network requirements for the product indicate that QoS and traffic shaping shouldn't be used but I can't see if those are enabled or how to disable those.

Tech Support file is here.

Model: GSM4352PB|M4300-52G-PoE+ - 48x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (1
Message 1 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: AMX SVSi N2300 w/ M4300

Hi @nmarques 

Thank you for your message, very practical to have your tech support file here. Sorry about your issue, be sure we are going to help you fix it right away. M4300 was tested with AMX on all points out of the box with default configuration (VLAN 1) so when creating another VLAN, exact same parameters must be like default VLAN 1.

The symptoms you are reporting and the logs for "timer expiry/removing membership" would indicate a deficiency with the IGMP max times. Like if the switch was "stopping" the stream for a moment until a new unsollicited report (join) is coming. You don't use the default value for IGMP Snooping and the IGMP Queries times, I can see it in your configuration.

Could you come back to the default values?

Typically for the IGMP Snooping VLAN Configuration:

set igmp groupmembership-interval 5 600
set igmp maxresponse 5 120

Typically for the Querier Configuration:

set igmp querier query-interval 30
set igmp querier timer expiry 100

Everything else seems pretty normal so I would like to see if the above is fixing your issue. Of course, if you want we can directly work on your configuration file if you send it to us at ProAVDesign@netgear.com. Just export it using Maintenance\Export\HTTP File Export\Text Configuration. One our our ProAV Engineers will directly make the changes in the configuration file and return it to you. If not successful, we will schedule a Zoom call and assist you hands-on asap.

Please let us know, I hope this helps -

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
nmarques
Guide

@LaurentMa 

Some of the settings came from AMX's configuration guides. I ended up having AMX take a look and about the only things we changed were disabling IGMP Proxy Querier Mode and specifying the switch IP as the Querier address instead of 0.0.0.0. After those two changes, the problems went away.

Message 3 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you very much for the good news. Kindly send the configuration file that you are now using to ProAVDesign@netgear.com (or the tech-support file, as you want), so that we can have a look collectively here as well. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR