× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Device won't connect to M4250-10G2F-PoE+

bryandhargrave
Initiate

Device won't connect to M4250-10G2F-PoE+

I use M4250 switches in racks with audio amplifiers made by Martin Audio. Each rack has 3 amps and each amp has 2 NIC that connect to a M4250.

Of the 6 NIC, 1 of them will not connect to the switch. No activity lights at all. I tried multiple cables. I tried different ports on the switch. I tried a hard reset on the amp and the switch. I updated the switch firmware to current version. It will not connect. I plugged 2 different devices into the same port on the switch and they connect just fine.

I connected the stubborn NIC into a different switch and the activity lights came to life. Now the crazy part... I connected the NIC into a dumb tp-link switch and then connected the tp-link to the M4250 and my device came online and works just fine.

Why would a device not be able to connect directly to the M4250?

Thanks for any help in this mystery.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
bryandhargrave
Initiate

Re: Device won't connect to M4250-10G2F-PoE+

If anyone cares, a buddy of mine solved this for me as he had a device in the past that just refused to connect to another device.

Turned off auto negotiate on that switch port and set to full duplex. As soon as I saved, the activity lights started blinking and my device showed up on the network within seconds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
bryandhargrave
Initiate

If anyone cares, a buddy of mine solved this for me as he had a device in the past that just refused to connect to another device.

Turned off auto negotiate on that switch port and set to full duplex. As soon as I saved, the activity lights started blinking and my device showed up on the network within seconds.

Message 2 of 3
JohnHenkel
NETGEAR Expert

We do care, thanks for sharing!  Glad you found the solution.

For any future issues, your best bet for fast responses is to just email the Pro AV Design team:  ProAVDesign@netgear.com.

Best,

John

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR