× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

IntervLAN between two M4250 switches

MPProd
Follower

IntervLAN between two M4250 switches

Hi all,

New to all the Netgear AVLine switches and trying to figure out how everything works.

What I am trying to do is setup a 2 switch-config where I have a Management VLAN (ID 1), Video VLAN (for NDI, ID 10) and Dante-audio VLAN (ID 20). So far so good. 
I followed the Youtube videos by Netgear to setup the VLANs. On the main switch (which is the M4250-10G2F-PoE+) I enable the DHCP server on all the 3 VLANS. On the other switch (M4250-10G2XF-PoE++) I added the VLANS and set them up as DHCP clients. 

That is working, as well.

Now, what is not working is: I have a PC connected to a port in the management-VLAN and I want to run Dante Controller on that, be able to access config-pages of the PTZ cameras and so on. But I cannot access these things from the PC. I can't ping the devices in the other VLAN's. So I must be doing something wrong, although in one of the Netgear youtube-videos which I followed, Netgear showed that it has to be able to ping devices when the subnetmask and gateway are configured correctly. I checked that, and it seems I have it configured correct (the same as in the video).

I am a bit at a loss here, so hopefully someone on this community can help me with this.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Marc

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR