× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

M4300 IGMP Snooping table empties after working

lrbarrios
Aspirant

M4300 IGMP Snooping table empties after working

I have several M4300 24x24 switches and 1 M4300-96X as the core (all running latest firmware -- 12.0.13.7).  I'm streaming video around the building.  The configuration is correct.  When it works, it works great.  Every so often, my video decoders (ZeeVee ZyperUHDs) would just show 'No Source Found' and that they are looking for the transmitter.  If I go into the attached switch and go to the Monitoring/Ports tab, I can immediately tell that something isn't right because the throughput for the port that is connected to the decoder shows to be 0Mbps.  It should be about 30Mpbs.  If I look at the IGMP Snooping Group Table it only has entries for the ports that are connected to decoders.  It should have nearly 80 entries.  If I look at Monitory/Logs/Memory Logs I see pages of entries that look like this:

<13> Jan 18 01:55:39 ZA01_Video-1 SNOOP[snoopTask]: snooping_timer.c(602) 1475992 %% Timer for Group Membership Interval has expired! Removing membership for VLAN 1 Mac 01:00:5E:51:03:18 intIfNum lag 1

LAG 1 is the LAG back to the Core switch.  This has happened before and rebooting the switch that the decoders are connected to fixed the problem.  This time, I tried Disabling IGMP Admin Mode and then Enabling it to see if that would restart the IGMP 'service' without needing to restart the whole switch.

If I look at the IGMP Snooping Group Table of the Core switch, there are 91entries.  As I scroll through them, I see several entries for the LAG for the switch that is still working, but I don't see entries for the LAGs going to the 2 switches who's tables are nearly empty and not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Model: XSM4348S|M4300-24X24F - Stackable Managed Switch with 48x10G including 24x10GBASE-T and 24xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: M4300 IGMP Snooping table empties after working

I'm happy to report that @lrbarrios  ZeeVee Zyper4K network on mutliple M4300 switches work great now. The NETGEAR ProAV Design team (proavdesign@netgear.com) helped Lonnie and reconfigured the switches all together. NETGEAR M4300 series is pre-configured for perfect multicasting out of the box, with IGMP Plus taking care of the multi-switch IGMP dynamically and automatically, but all the IGMP configuration is at the VLAN level. Instead, Lonnie followed another method with IGMP added config at the physical port (interfaces) level, and it was conflicting bad with IGMP Plus and the VLAN config. We simply removed any IGMP config from the interfaces, and the VLAN config was already there, untouched, so default. Lonnie confirmed since then that the overall AVoIP network was working great! 

Everyone, don't be shy - reach out to the NETGEAR ProAV Design Center anytime, and we will help you on AV-over-IP switching, any type.

ProAVDesign@netgear.com

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @lrbarrios ,

Sorry about this issue, it must be a configuration issue since M4300 IGMP Plus should take care of it automatically. We can help you and check the configuration of these two switches and make sure IGMP Plus is all enabled. Please send the tech-support file of each switch (Maintenance/Export/HTTP File Export/tech -support in the drop down menu) to us by email at ProAVDesign@netgear.com with a mention to this post so that you don't have to repeat everything. With both files to review, we will know the root cause and come back to you asap.

Many thanks,

Message 2 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

I'm happy to report that @lrbarrios  ZeeVee Zyper4K network on mutliple M4300 switches work great now. The NETGEAR ProAV Design team (proavdesign@netgear.com) helped Lonnie and reconfigured the switches all together. NETGEAR M4300 series is pre-configured for perfect multicasting out of the box, with IGMP Plus taking care of the multi-switch IGMP dynamically and automatically, but all the IGMP configuration is at the VLAN level. Instead, Lonnie followed another method with IGMP added config at the physical port (interfaces) level, and it was conflicting bad with IGMP Plus and the VLAN config. We simply removed any IGMP config from the interfaces, and the VLAN config was already there, untouched, so default. Lonnie confirmed since then that the overall AVoIP network was working great! 

Everyone, don't be shy - reach out to the NETGEAR ProAV Design Center anytime, and we will help you on AV-over-IP switching, any type.

ProAVDesign@netgear.com

Message 3 of 4
lrbarrios
Aspirant

Yes, everything seems to be working again.  I'm impressed that taking out all of the interface level IGMP configuration that I did (following outdated instructions) that IGMP Plus and the default IGMP configuration just automagically worked.  Thanks, @LaurentMa !

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR