× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Re: M4300 PTP and boundary clock update

robporetti
Aspirant

M4300 PTP and boundary clock update

There was a post here regarding the M4300 PTPv2 and boundary clock and although replies answered *some* of the questions, not all were resolved; but the thread was closed.  I would have replied to that thread...

Some time has gone by now and I'm curious about changes regarding PTPv2 support in the 4300 range as well as boundary clock. I've seen some posts on-line that PTPv2 is only supported on smaller swtiches less than 24 ports.  Is this accurate?  Specs says "selected models" - which models?

It also looks like the current spec sheets show only E2E Transparent clock?  Plans for supporting boundary clock?  Road-map timeframe?

Thanks!

Model: XSM4396K0/XSM4396K1|M4300-96X – Modular Managed Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
AlexPe
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Rob,

Thanks for reopening this up and giving us a chance to address it because I know alot of the people using our switches out there are curious about this new feature.

Most of the M4300 switch series as of the latest firmware 12.0.9.3 support PTPv2 E2E transparent mode. This is the only addition that has been made to support PTPv2. There is currently no plan to add any more functionality to PTPv2. Models that do not support due to hardware limitation are M4300-24x24F, M4300-48X, m4300-48XF

For all other models, 1-step Transparent Clock mode using the residence time of the PTPv2 packet at the egress port level.

Thanks

Alex Pendleton

ProAV System Design Engineer.
NETGEAR

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
BretD
Admin

Thanks for reaching out about PTPv2 on M4300 switches. We are looking into this to provide more detailed information to you.

Message 2 of 3
AlexPe
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Rob,

Thanks for reopening this up and giving us a chance to address it because I know alot of the people using our switches out there are curious about this new feature.

Most of the M4300 switch series as of the latest firmware 12.0.9.3 support PTPv2 E2E transparent mode. This is the only addition that has been made to support PTPv2. There is currently no plan to add any more functionality to PTPv2. Models that do not support due to hardware limitation are M4300-24x24F, M4300-48X, m4300-48XF

For all other models, 1-step Transparent Clock mode using the residence time of the PTPv2 packet at the egress port level.

Thanks

Alex Pendleton

ProAV System Design Engineer.
NETGEAR

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR