× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Re: Meet the M4300-96X Modular Managed Switch - #Video

BretD
Admin

Meet the M4300-96X Modular Managed Switch - #Video

Watch our Senior PLM, Laurent Masia, give you an inside look into the new NETGEAR M4300-96X Managed Switch, the world's first and only modular solution.

Introducing the NETGEAR M4300-96X Modular Managed Switch. The newest member of the M4300 Layer 3 Stackable Family and the world's first modular switch. Starting at $100 per port, and scaling up to 96 ports of 10G ports or up to 24 ports of 40G Ethernet by a multiple of 2 ports, the 96X allows for maximum granularity between copper and fiber and unrivaled headroom for organizations who buy infrastructure in the long term.

The M4300 switch series delivers L2/L3/L4 and IPv4/IPv6 world-class services for server and storage interconnect, professional audiovisual installations, mid-enterprise edge and SMB core with unrivaled ease of use. The NETGEAR M4300-96X expands with your business, letting you start small and grow later by adding modules.

Have you deployed an AV-over-IP solution post your feedback.

View all our AV-over-IP SDVoE Stories and discussion.m4300-96x-show-play.png

Message 1 of 5
Michael9
Tutor

Thank you for that great switch!

I looked at the software features and I haven´t found Virtual routing and forwarding (VRF) support, e.g.:

The switch supports OSPFv2 and OSPFv3?

-- But what about VRF support with OSPFv2 and OSPFv3?

Also the switch supports PIM-SM/PIM-SSM for IPv4 and IPv6?

-- But what about VRF support with PIM-SM/PIM-SSM for IPv4 and IPv6?

Do you have any plans to support those features in the future?

Message 2 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Michael

Thank you for considering our great new M4300-96X and posting questions about it.

Yes, OSPF2 and OSPFv3 come standard in M4300 series, as well as PIM-SM/PIM-DM/PIM-SSM for IPv4 and IPv6, in conjunction with OSPF for instance.

No, we don't support VRF feature at the moment and can't commit for it in short term. If you require VRF with PIM-SM/PIM-SSM, I'm afraid I don't have workaround for virtual routers here.

Feel free to discuss it in this thread, or contact me via Private Message.

Regards
Message 3 of 5
djdrastic
Guide

Hi Laurent is there any chance you might port BGP to the 96X switches ?

The M6100's don't have QSFP+/QSFP28 which I need these days for remote sites , unless you are rethinking of re-doing/facelifting the M6100's.I find the 96X's prices very competitive against peer devices.

Message 4 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you for feeding our software roadmap. We will take it in consideration but same as VRF Lite, it is not possible to commit at this date. Stay tuned!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR