× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Re: NETGEAR M4300-96X Switch named Best AV-over-IP Product of ISE 2019

BretD
Admin

NETGEAR M4300-96X Switch named Best AV-over-IP Product of ISE 2019

ZeeVee Inc's AV-over-IP SDVoE M4300-96X Port-CardZeeVee Inc's AV-over-IP SDVoE M4300-96X Port-Card

Self-prolaimed as “AV’s Only Not-Pay-for-Play awards” rAVe Publications annual Best of ISE 2019 mentioned NETGEAR Business 10gb AV-over-IP Switching solutions in two awards. Specifically, the NETGEAR M4300-96x switch!

Check out the ISE awards article on rAVe’s site: Here Are the Best of ISE 2019 Awards – AV’s Only NOT-Pay-for-Play Awards http://www.ravepubs.com/best-of-ise-2019-awards/

Thanks rAVe Publications!

What is the M4300-96X:

NETGEAR M4300-96X 12-Slot Modular Stackable Managed Switch 2U 96 Port Switch with 8-port 10G and 2-port 40G expansion cards

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
misops
Tutor

As a user who is now learning the pains of AV-over-IP multicast configurations I am glad to know Netgear has a hardware solution for this in the m4300.   Looks like I will need to add more of them to my environment. I think that with the rapid growth of AV-Over-IP it will show the gaps in firmware designed to secure potential issues associated with multicast traffic.  I hope that going forward firmware will be designed to protect from AV-over-IP multicast traffic by default as opposed to being wide open. VLANs by themselves are not immune to the traffic.  Your community is full of wonderfully knowledgeable members who have helped me tremendously. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
misops
Tutor

As a user who is now learning the pains of AV-over-IP multicast configurations I am glad to know Netgear has a hardware solution for this in the m4300.   Looks like I will need to add more of them to my environment. I think that with the rapid growth of AV-Over-IP it will show the gaps in firmware designed to secure potential issues associated with multicast traffic.  I hope that going forward firmware will be designed to protect from AV-over-IP multicast traffic by default as opposed to being wide open. VLANs by themselves are not immune to the traffic.  Your community is full of wonderfully knowledgeable members who have helped me tremendously. 

Message 2 of 3
BretD
Admin

@misops Thank you so much for stopping by to talk discuss NETGEAR AV over IP solutions. We're glad that you are using or considering using the M4300 platform to power your Pro AV over IP deployments. If you have any questions on configuration or deployment with this switch or any other NETGEAR Business products please reach out and we'll be happy to work with you.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR