× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Port can't join any VLAN after being added to the Management Source Interface List

lindend
Follower

Port can't join any VLAN after being added to the Management Source Interface List

We just got an M4250 and I'm in the processing of configuring the management VLAN.  Had some issues initially so as an experiment I setup the IPv4 management interface configuration on an initial interface (0/1).  After doing that, I was able to get VLANs properly configured but I then noticed the port (0/1) refused to be a member of any VLAN I configured.

As an experiment, I configured ports (0/2 and 0/30) with the IPv4 management interface configuration in the GUI.  These also now refuse to be joined to any VLAN.

At this point, I noticed that any port listed under the Management Source Interface drop down list box can't be added as a member to any VLAN.  So at this point, ports 0/1, 0/2 and 0/30 are in this state of being an option for the Management Source Interface and but unable to be a member of any VLAN.

How do I remove ports from the Management Source Interface list?   I would like that list just to be the service port and VLANs

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR