× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 - no possiblity to login after the firmware update (V3.9.1.0)

AndroGen
Guide

WAC720 - no possiblity to login after the firmware update (V3.9.1.0)

Hi,
After the firmware upgrade from V3.9.0.3 to V3.9.1.0 I cannot login to the WAC via WEB interface.
If I type wrong password - system complains that the password is no correctm; with correct password - it simply does not leave the logon screen.
Browser cach reset did not help.

I can connect to the WAC via SSH,

I have tried to reset password as it is mentioned in this post - password command does not exist:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/WAC510-Cannot-login-after-latest-firmware-update-...
Both updated WACs behave identically. 

Could you please help me to resole this issue?
Thanks,
Andre

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC720 - no possiblity to login after the firmware update (V3.9.1.0)

@AndroGen,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try this command: set system password <NewPassword> then save it. 

Note: Be reminded that the special characters that are allowed for the admin password are the following: !@#$%^&*()

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The WAC720 is similar to the WAC730 (less to the WAC5xx). While the source issues is the same - ridiculous change of the allowed characters for a password in the Web UI, the process to fix is different and might require the assistance from @RaghuHR. Sorry, how can such a major design change hit the production world?

Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@AndroGen,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try this command: set system password <NewPassword> then save it. 

Note: Be reminded that the special characters that are allowed for the admin password are the following: !@#$%^&*()

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 3 of 6
AndroGen
Guide

thanks, I have realized that there is something different between WAC5xx and my WAC720.

At least your reply gives me a hope that it might be fixed.
Yes, few special characters have been used, and it was fine before the upgrade.
Then question: how I can reset password without resseting the entire system, that there is no breackage in operation - likely there are 2 WAC720 connected in the ansemble mode, and theoretically could be managed separately.

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Login using SSH (permitting it's enabled) and run the command shown, setting a new password on each device. This should not have any impact on the ensemble mode, and does not require a reset.

Message 5 of 6
AndroGen
Guide

@DaneA , thanks!

SSH console command: set system password <NewPassword> did the trick.

changing it via console for one has updated entire ansemble - both WAC720 are reachable via WEB GUI now.

Many thanks!

Regards,
Andre

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements