Readynas nv+

plingis30000
Aspirant

Readynas nv+

Hi!

I have problems clicking on the links in the GUI, and there are no hostname etc presented... See the file... Does anyone know where to start troubleshooting?

Best,

Magnus

Model: RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas nv+

Hello @plingis30000

Is the screenshot attached what appears when you try to access the RND4000 GUI?

Could you please clarify how long have you been using the NAS? Do you have access to the NAS data?

Which firmware version is installed in the NAS?

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 16
plingis30000
Aspirant

Vi!
Yes, its right. The screenshot is from there..
It appears as the "first screen" when I have logged in..

I have used the NAS for about 7 years..
I have access to the NAS and its data.. I can write into it with no problems..

Firmware: can I access this information from that screen or in the screenshot?

I have for some months never logged in to the administrator vore..

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Magnus

Message 3 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Magnus,

So, first of all, I would advise doing a gentle reboot of the NAS. Wait for the NAS to complete the reboot, then try to access the web interface.

If this does not work, try to use multiple browsers after clearing temporary files, or alternatively use incognito mode in your current browser.

We always recommend keeping a backup of the NAS data.

Let me know if any of this helps 🙂

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 4 of 16
plingis30000
Aspirant

Hi!

Thanks for your help! Do you have a manual for how to perform a "gentle reboot"?

Best,

Magnus

Message 5 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Magnus,

By gentle reboot I simply mean turning the NAS off and on again, by pressing the power button (without abruptly disconnecting the plug or such).

If nothing changes, you might try an OS Reinstall through the Boot Menu. OS Reinstall reinstalls the firmware from the system’s internal flash to its disks. OS reinstall boot mode also resets some settings on your system, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password, to defaults. You can check the User Manual at this link for more information.

Please, before doing anything, ensure that you have a backup of the NAS data.

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 6 of 16
plingis30000
Aspirant

Ok, I see..

OS reinstall: Will the data on the disk be left, in most cases when doing a OS reinstall?

Best,
Magnus
Message 7 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Magnus,

The OS Reinstall should not delete the data on the disk, as it simply reinstalls the OS.

However, I would underline again that, before performing any operation on the NAS, you should always ensure that you have a backup of the data. This is very important.

If you wish, you can send me the logs via private message, to check if there is any specific error. In this case, I would suggest to upload the logs file in cloud and send me the link.

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 8 of 16
plingis30000
Aspirant

Hi again!

I performed this OS reboot - the data are left... 🙂  

But the GUI when logged in, is still the same as in the first picture I sent to this thread...

The next step is to acess the logs, how can I, when the interface is not there.  Using another protocol for logging in to it and acess this file?

Best,

Magnus

Message 9 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Magnus

Thank you for your update!

Can you check if you are able to download the logs from RAIDar? Although you might not have the option in OS 4.

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 10 of 16
plingis30000
Aspirant

Ok, how do I connect to Raidar without GUI?🤔🤔😎😎
Message 11 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Magnus,

RAIDar is an application that can be installed on a PC to monitor the NAS. See the Support page.

However, OS 4 might not have the option to download logs anyway. At this point, I would advise getting in touch with Tech Support.

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 12 of 16
plingis30000
Aspirant

Ok, I think I have to do a factory reset and reading back the data from en external device...

I have now 11 of 923 GB free. I will buy new disks. If I buy 2 disks on 4 TB, can I adress about 3 TB using the OS installed in this Readynas NV+? Is there a limitation for the adress-space which is smaller than 3TB?

I also wonder which is the the easiest way to read back the data. Can I put in the disk into the empty case left, and then RAID will take care of the data to the new disks? Or is it better to do a factory reset and then reding back from an external device?

Best,

Magnus

Message 13 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Magnus,

Welcome back 🙂

Could you please clarify how many disks you currently have in your RND4000 and what's their capacity?

Do you want either to replace the old disks with the new ones or to add the new disks, keeping in the NAS both the old and the new ones?

Do you have a backup of the data?

Could you also please explain in more details what you mean by "is there a limitation for the adress-space which is smaller than 3TB?"?

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 14 of 16
plingis30000
Aspirant

Hi!

Thanks! 

The capacity now is 2 disks with each 500 GB.

I want to replace the old disks with new ones.. by 2 * 2TB.

Yes, a backup on a USB - external device..

I want to know if I buy disks with 4 TB capacity, does the OS support that "big disks". I dont want to come in a situation that I can not use som diskspace because the OS cant handle it... I suppose it depends on the bits the OS has 32-bit or 64-bit? 

Best,

Magnus

Message 15 of 16
ErikaMa
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Magnus,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I suggest consulting the article ReadyNAS: Volume Expansion, your NAS should be a RND4000v1 with V4.1.xx firmware.

Also, if you check the ReadyNAS Hard Disk Compatibility List you can see that for ReadyNAS NV+ the maximum capacity is 2TB per disk.

Regards,

Erika

NETGEAR Team

Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation