× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Kodi (XBMC) / Windows - cannot connect to remote server

stigpepper
Tutor

Kodi (XBMC) / Windows - cannot connect to remote server

Hi,

I'm running Kodi Isengard on a Windows PC with a wired connection to my router on a private network. 

I've my media located on a Netgear ReadyNas 104 running Firmware 6.2.5, each media type has been set-up as a mapped a drive on my PC e.g. V:\Video etc. and these have been set-up my library sources. I've start-up program on my PC which connects the mapped drives and I've wake on LAN configured through Kodi which wakes the ReadyNAS when Kodi starts.

The issue that I am experiencing is that each time the library tries to update I recieve the following error message: -

Cannot connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?

The issue started recently and I thought it was related to upgrading to Windows 10 but found that another PC running Windows 7 is experiencing the same issue.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Further information can be found at the link below: -

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235472

Thanks,Stig

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
stigpepper
Tutor

Hi StephenB,

I finally found a solution to this issue.  It related a Kodi / XBMC scraper called TheAudiDB for music video, the scraper is broken to resolve the issue I stopped Kodi from using this scraper when scanning my library.

Thanks for your help. I'd appreciate if you would close this thread.

Thanks, Stig

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What happens if you access the mapped drive from the PC before you start Kodi?

Do you have spindown enabled on the NAS?

Message 2 of 3
stigpepper
Tutor

Hi StephenB,

I finally found a solution to this issue.  It related a Kodi / XBMC scraper called TheAudiDB for music video, the scraper is broken to resolve the issue I stopped Kodi from using this scraper when scanning my library.

Thanks for your help. I'd appreciate if you would close this thread.

Thanks, Stig

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements