Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Connect to Admin Page without refreshing PC ReadyCloud application

adflau
Aspirant

Can't Connect to Admin Page without refreshing PC ReadyCloud application

I am running a RN212 with OS6.7.1-

I noticed that I am unable to connect to the admin page, use the Android App, or SSH to the NAS unless I first hit the refresh button on the ReadyCloud application installed on my PC - as if it needs to "wake up" first.  This sounds a bit silly but are there any other similar experiences/fixes? 

Logging into the ReadyCloud website works fine for data consumption but any sort of remote administration requires some activity from the PC application before anything else will work.

I'm really relying on the remote administration because I currently cannot access the unit itself.  I have been having issues with installing apps as well and think I'm headed for a factory reset but would really like to avoid that at all costs.

Cheers 

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can't Connect to Admin Page without refreshing PC ReadyCloud application

Hello adflau,

we have reported your need refreshing windows readycloud client issue to our developer. If developer give response, we will give feedback to you.

And what is your detail issue about installing app?

Best Regards.

Message 2 of 9
adflau
Aspirant

I have found that a majority of the apps available on the apps tab seem to install correctly at first, when I click to open the app the page is not displaying properly and I am unable to find any configurable settings.  Soon afterwards I get a warning saying "found app with bad configuration - disabling its configuration page". 

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted the nas - I don't know if I am missing something but it doesn't seem clear to me how to setup the app correctly.  I'm not sure if this a compatability issue or something wrong with my nas unit?

Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|, RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 3 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello adflau,

May i know for which app, you see this warning message?

I want to know the app name, so i can try also.

Regards.

Message 4 of 9
adflau
Aspirant

Hello,

So the apps I've tried are Monsta FTP client, MySQL Server, PHP, PHPmyAdmin, PHPSysInfo for ReadyNAS, ReadyNAS Surveillance.

The Surveillance app looks like it almost works but the configuration page doesn't display properly in any browser so I wasn't able to get past the login page.

Message 5 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello adflau,

PM have sent to you. Please check it.

Regards.

Message 6 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello adflau,

We have reproduced your app installing issues and filed a bug to track. Our developers are looking at it.

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Best Regards.

Message 7 of 9
adflau
Aspirant

Thanks for your responses, how about the original post about being unable to connect to the NAS until the ReadyCloud PC application is refreshed?  Are there any steps I can take to try and troubleshoot this?

Message 8 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello adflau,

PM send. Please check it.

Regards.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos