Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't activate ReadyCLOUD on my 516 running 6.5

btaroli
Prodigy

Can't activate ReadyCLOUD on my 516 running 6.5

Decided I might try ReadyCLOUD after hearing all the news of change around 6.5. But when I sign in with my MyNetgear login on the NAS, it spins for a bit and simply responds with:

"Unable to join the device to ReadyCLOUD. Your device may be misconfigured. Please email readycloud@netgear.com"

I did the needful but response has been... lacking. Has anyone else run into this and know what may be the issue? Willing to work through it, but that requires actual responsiveness from the Netgear end.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
btaroli
Prodigy

Re: Can't activate ReadyCLOUD on my 516 running 6.5

Did some searching this evening and found https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/NAS-not-on-LAN-in-ReadyCloud/td-p/949253

Bingo! So, why is it that nowhere in the FAQ or activation step does it mention or warn that UPnP has to be enabled on the NAS itself? It would also be helpful if I didn't have to stumble into the ReadyCLOUD settings on the NAS myself to learn that you have to also set the flag to signify which port to use for incoming connections, for those of us who don't run UPnP on their firewall.

So far so good. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you have a static I.P. set on the NAS have you specified the DNS Server addresses correctly?

is UPNP enabled on your router?

Message 2 of 4
btaroli
Prodigy

Yes it has a static IP. It's been resolving DNS properly for years and has devices I have mapped to it through my firewall. Only the insane enable UPNP on Internet facing devices; so no it is not enabled on my firewall.
Message 3 of 4
btaroli
Prodigy

Did some searching this evening and found https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/NAS-not-on-LAN-in-ReadyCloud/td-p/949253

Bingo! So, why is it that nowhere in the FAQ or activation step does it mention or warn that UPnP has to be enabled on the NAS itself? It would also be helpful if I didn't have to stumble into the ReadyCLOUD settings on the NAS myself to learn that you have to also set the flag to signify which port to use for incoming connections, for those of us who don't run UPnP on their firewall.

So far so good. 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements