Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't get ReadyCloud to work

mharrison
Aspirant

Can't get ReadyCloud to work

I have a RN3220 that I'm trying to setup ReadyCloud on and and not having any success... 😞

When turned on I get a green tick for the Internet access but after a while the spinning icon next to that turns to a red cross with a services not available message.

I've read somewhere in one of the many threads I've looked at that this was caused by not having DNS set correctly. I've checked and the DNS settings are the same as all my PC's use so that doesn't appear to be an issue.

My firewall allows all traffic out and any return traffic back in but to be sure I've added a rule to allow port 6300 in to the NAS.

Still same result.

Can anyone suggest what else may be wrong or I may have missed please ???

Model: RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220
Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 10
mharrison
Aspirant

Hi - It's 6.7.4 - updated about a week ago - had the problem both before and now.

Message 3 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mharrison,

Can you try adding 8.8.8.8 as secondary DNS on the admin page of ReadyNAS?

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
mharrison
Aspirant

Hi - Added to NAS and no difference... 😞

Also tried adding it to my router and then adding my router's IP a.s a DNS source on the NAS as I beleive the router will forward the DNS quieries/replies.

Still no joy ... 😞

Message 5 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mharrison,

Is the NAS connected directly to the router or there is a switch between? Is the NAS' IP address in the same subnet of the computer and the router? Please check if the NAS is getting on the Internet by loading available apps and see if you can install a simple one.

Regards,

Message 6 of 10
mharrison
Aspirant

Hi,

It's connected to a switch, then to the router. the inbuilt f/w in the router is disabled (allow all).

I've got a coule of apps installed on the NAS and they work fine (a forum and a photo gallery)

I can ftp to/from it without issue from anywhere on the internet and have several users that copy files to/from it regularly.

Message 7 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mharrison,

Please check if under System > Settings, UPnP is enabled and see if you get the same problem. You can also try to move the NAS to another LAN port of the router and if you get the same results.

Regards,

Message 8 of 10
mharrison
Aspirant

UPnP is currently enabled - If I deselect it I get a message saying ReadyCloud relies on it. So I disabled it and retested and it still fails I then re-enabled it and tested and it still fails. 😞

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Is UPnP also enabled in your router?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements