Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access ADMIN page in Readycoloud 6.9.1

Davedutkowsky
Aspirant

Cannot access ADMIN page in Readycoloud 6.9.1

I cannot access the ADMIN page in this device.  I have tried shutting down the NAS and restarting.  I would like to update the firmware and make adjustments to my backup file size but cannot do so until I can access the ADMIN page.

What do I need to do to fx this problem?

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 12
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot access ADMIN page in Readycoloud 6.9.1

Hi @Davedutkowsky

Welcome to the Community!

Are you connected on your LAN? if you are, You can use the NAS IP Address by entering http://NAS-IPADDRESS on your browser. You can also go to the Discover tab on your ReadyCloud portal and click on Manage button on the corresponding ReadyNAS system. Installing RAIDar is also one way of discovering and accessing your NAS on your LAN.

Clearing cache on your Web browser will also help if you are having issues loading the Admin page.

If you want to remotely access the ReadyNAS Admin page you will have to install the ReadyCloud Desktop app for Windows or Mac to access the Admin page remotely.

Accessing ReadyNAS Admin page through ReadyCloud

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 12
Davedutkowsky
Aspirant

Here are my answers

Are you connected on your LAN?    Yes

if you are, You can use the NAS IP Address by entering http://NAS-IPADDRESS on your browser. I did this.  This gets me to a static Netgear Readynas page with the firmware version 6.9.1.  (see attached file)  But I cannot get to any other ADMIN pages.

You can also go to the Discover tab on your ReadyCloud portal and click on Manage button on the corresponding ReadyNAS system. I did this.  Same result as above.

Installing RAIDar is also one way of discovering and accessing your NAS on your LAN.  I ca see my NAS on the LAN and can access data on the NAS.  Just cannot get toth admin page.

Clearing cache on your Web browser will also help if you are having issues loading the Admin page.  I did this on my Chrome browser.  It did not make any fdifference.

If you want to remotely access the ReadyNAS Admin page you will have to install the ReadyCloud Desktop app for Windows or Mac to access the Admin page remotely.  I can do this as well from my desktop via my wifi network.  

Accessing ReadyNAS Admin page through ReadyCloud

What should I try now?

Message 3 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Can you download the logs with RAIDar?

Message 4 of 12
Davedutkowsky
Aspirant

I cannot getpast the user / password request.   I am sin the same ser and password that I use for readycloud but tthey are not working.  Is that correct or do i need to create ew ones for Raidar?

Message 5 of 12
Davedutkowsky
Aspirant

Correcing typos

I cannot get past the user / password request.   I am using the same user and password that I use for readycloud but tthey are not working.  Is that correct or do i need to create new ones for Raidar?   I also tried admin an password but they do not work either

Message 6 of 12
StephenB
Guru

You normally use "admin" for the username, and the NAS admin password.  The default admin password is password but normally you'd have changed it.

If you can't recall it, you'd need to do an OS reinstall from the boot menu (which would reset it to the default).

Message 7 of 12
Davedutkowsky
Aspirant

I have tried all of the combinations I can think of.

So, where do I find the boot menu?  

Message 8 of 12
StephenB
Guru

The info on using the boot menu is on pages 50-52 of the hardware manual ( http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf )  Be careful not to do a factory default (which will reformat the drives).

Another option is to use paid netgear support (my.netgear.com).  There's a boot option you can use that gives them remote access.  Paid (per-incident) support would be about $100 US (last time I checked).  

Message 9 of 12
Davedutkowsky
Aspirant

I was able to reset the OS and now I can access Raidar.  i have downloaded the log as requested.

However, i get the folowing message when i tryto attach the log file 

• The file system_log-readynas-20180509-170846.zip does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png,pdf are the valid extensions.

please let me know the next step to get access to the admin page

Message 10 of 12
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Davedutkowsky

Have you tried accessing the Admin page after OS reinstall? Have you tried using a different browser or PC when trying to access the Admin page?

If you can access the admin page after doing the OS Reinstall I would advise updating to 6.9.3.

You can check on the Signature regarding Sending logs to moderators.

Regards

Message 11 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@Davedutkowsky wrote:

However, i get the folowing message when i tryto attach the log file 

• The file system_log-readynas-20180509-170846.zip does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png,pdf are the valid extensions.

You don't want to post your logs publically - there are privacy implications.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements