Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access Media folder via Readycloud IOS App

vtxrider
Tutor

Cannot access Media folder via Readycloud IOS App

I have a RN204 running 4.6.2 in an OSX system that won't allow access to the Media folder via the IOS app on either an iPhone or iPad. I can access the media folder via the ReadyCloud web portal or the finder on the MAC without issue, but the IOS App shows 'Access Denied' and requests user & password, which, when entered, does not work. I can access all other folders via the app, just not the Media folder. Permissions are set the same as other folders so I am not sure what the issue is unless it is Readycloud app for IOS. I am assuming that the user & password requested is for the NAS, although I tried the Readycloud credientals just for fun but no help. As a note I do not get 'Login Failure' but 'Access Denied', so network access is OK but file access is not, don't understand why all of the other folders are accessable but not the media folder. And this is on both Local & VPN connections. Any ideas?

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
vtxrider
Tutor

Re: Cannot access Media folder via Readycloud IOS App

OK, got it fixed. I changed the name of the folder, allowed full access, then changed it back to the orignal name. Now I can access the folder via the ios app. I will have to rescan the shares in my media streamer but at east I now have app access.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The ReadyCloud app is asking for ReadyCloud user credentials.  That user also should be listed in the NAS admin UI.  Does the ReadyCloud user you entered have access to the media share?

Message 2 of 4
vtxrider
Tutor

Not asking for readycloud credentials, it's the NAS asking for access. I have network access to the NAS but no file access to the media folder. It seems to be a folder permissions issue. I tried resetting permissions to anonymous but no help. I created a new test folder on the NAS and can access it fine.
Message 3 of 4
vtxrider
Tutor

OK, got it fixed. I changed the name of the folder, allowed full access, then changed it back to the orignal name. Now I can access the folder via the ios app. I will have to rescan the shares in my media streamer but at east I now have app access.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements