Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connect to ReadyCLOUD

DavidMetcalfe
Follower

Cannot connect to ReadyCLOUD

Hello

I am having issues accessing our NAS via the ReadyCLOUD app.  The strange thing is that it was working perfectly on Wednesday as I was able to access it via my Android phone on a train.  I tried again yesterday, and it finds the device, but then does not connect.  This happens with the Android app, the iOS app on my iPad, and also with app on my Windows 10 laptops.  Again they have all previously worked without issues.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

David

Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which services and apps are you running?

Which firmware version are you running on your ReadyNAS?

Can you access the web admin page fine when on the same local network as the NAS?

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DavidMetcalfe,

Are you able to get to the NAS' shares when you login to ReadyCloud via web browser?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
scravatt
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem...was working on Friday 2/12 7am AZ time, ...but not today 2/13, I can access my remote NAS via the website, but the readycloud app just spins saying connecting, but NEVER connects to my remote NAS....same goes for the IOS App. Every Saturday seems like something is going on....readycloud doesn't work, sign in doesn't work, etc.

The fact I can access it via the Website https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/en/welcome.html says something is wrong with the windows and IOS Netgear portals . WHAT A PAIN.  time to look for a new NAS if this keeps happening.

BTW I am using 6.4.2 readynasos: ReadyNASOS-6.4.2-x86_64

hopefully it works tomorrow

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

scravatt support is waiting for you to get back to them with the details they requested so they can continue troubleshooting on your case.

Message 5 of 7
Daktari
Guide

I am having issues connecting to the ReadyCLOUD portal. My local connection is fine, it's through IOS and web interface. Just shows connecting until it fails

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202 2-Bay
Message 6 of 7
wolfie111
Guide

Hi,

I have a similar situation. New RN516 installed a week ago, fully accessible via network and ReadyCloud. Suddenly, can't connect to "services' on cloud tab, shows I'm connected to Internet. Also can't connect to ReadyCloud/Netgear, unit discovered but shows offline and can't see shares.

Using static IP outside DHCP on router, inside subnet, did it this way with my Ultra6 and it worked for years.

Did as suggested adding DNS server with router IP and magically I was back online. Moments later I was kicked off again. Tried entering Google DNS didn't help. Changed IP to within DHCP range and then I couldn't even get online. Changed back to outside DHCP as was connected to Internet again, but still no services on the cloud tab. Please help, always appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements